East Bay News
Woman gets prison for sex with underage boys
HAYWARD, Calif. -- A 42-year-old Livermore woman was sentenced today to five years in state prison for four felony counts for having sex with two underage boys.
Christine Shreeve Hubbs pleaded no contest last month to one count of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor under 16 and three counts of committing lewd acts on a child.
In exchange for her plea, the Alameda County District Attorney's Office dropped 63 other felony sex charges against her.
Prosecutors also dropped an unrelated case in which she faced five misdemeanor charges for allegedly driving recklessly while a group of boy passengers shot a plastic pellet gun from the window of her black 2006 Hummer H2.
Alameda County Superior Court Judge Kevin Murphy ordered that after Hubbs is released from prison, she will have to be on probation for three to 10 years and must register as a sex offender for the rest of her life.
Hubbs, who has a husband and three children, was arrested on Aug. 5, a little more than a week after the mother of one of the victims reported possible illicit activity between her son and Hubbs.
According to Livermore police, both boys were 14 years old when Hubbs began having sexual relationships with them.
One of the boys spoke at Hubbs' sentencing today. The mothers of both victims also spoke, according to prosecutor Teresa Ortega.
hayward, trials, east bay news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Dixon boy fatally mauled by dog in Union City
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Colma BART station reopened after fatality
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots
- Woman attacked by girls on Muni Metro train
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe 2 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday