East Bay News
Contra Costa Co. cracking down on roadside memorials
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- City officials in Contra Costa County are cracking down on roadside memorials.
The shrines are common along the Highway 4 bypass connecting Antioch and Brentwood, but after receiving several calls from drivers the agency that controls the Highway 4 bypass says it will begin removing those displays immediately because they are a traffic hazard.
Agency officials say the new policy applies to all memorials.
contra costa county, highway 4, east bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos