East Bay News
Former Bay Area resident killed in Iraq
An Iranian woman who lived most of her childhood in the East Bay was killed earlier this month while in Iraq. Relatives said 30-year-old Asieh Rakhshani was killed during a raid by Iraqi soldiers.
She was staying at Camp Ashraf, which is used as an operations base for pro-democracy Iranians, including some armed groups. The United Nations said 34 camp residents were killed in the incident.
Rakhshani lived in the Bay Area with relatives when she was growing up and rejoined her parents in Camp Ashraf 12 years ago.
iran, iraq, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City 12 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court 31 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in... 59 min ago
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area home prices steadily rising
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos