East Bay News
Oakland investigate juvenile shooting
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland police are continuing to investigate a shooting Thursday afternoon that left a juvenile critically injured, a police sergeant said.
Officers in the area of 24th and Adeline streets heard shots fired in the area at about 5 p.m. and discovered an apparent gunshot victim, Oakland police Sgt. Chris Bolton said.
The juvenile victim was transported to Children's Hospital in Oakland, where he is listed in critical condition.
An associate of the victim, also a juvenile, is in custody for firearm possession, Bolton said.
oakland, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup 13 min ago
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Second fire sparks in South San Jose
16 min ago
- Safety recommendations released for...
13 min ago