East Bay News
Oakland investigate juvenile shooting
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland police are continuing to investigate a shooting Thursday afternoon that left a juvenile critically injured, a police sergeant said.
Officers in the area of 24th and Adeline streets heard shots fired in the area at about 5 p.m. and discovered an apparent gunshot victim, Oakland police Sgt. Chris Bolton said.
The juvenile victim was transported to Children's Hospital in Oakland, where he is listed in critical condition.
An associate of the victim, also a juvenile, is in custody for firearm possession, Bolton said.
oakland, crime, shooting, east bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 53 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water 6 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions 48 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Rescued paralyzed dog comforts siblings with autism
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 49 min ago
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
11 min ago
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car...
48 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning...
53 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos