East Bay News
Animal rights activists to protest UC lab practices
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- In Berkeley Monday, animal rights activists will demonstrate against lab practices at the University of California.
At noon, protesters dressed in white lab coats will enter cages at Oxford Street and University Avenue to protest the university's animal testing practices.
The event is part of World Laboratory Animal Liberation Week. Similar demonstrations are planned at UC campuses in Davis and Los Angeles.
animal, protest, UC, uc berkeley, uc davis, east bay news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 54 min ago
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday