East Bay News
Children's Hospital nurses poised for walkout
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Union nurses at Children's Hospital Oakland are poised to walk off the job for five days starting May 5 if progress isn't made at contract talks this week.
The California Nurses Association held a three-day strike last October when talks with management stalled over the cost of healthcare benefits.
Hospital managers would likely hire temporary nurses If the nurses do plan to strike.
Elective surgeries had to be canceled during October's walkout.
oakland, strike, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 12 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus 10 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise 30 min ago
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla 15 min ago
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
58 min ago
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic...
30 min ago
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos