East Bay News
Children's Hospital nurses poised for walkout
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Union nurses at Children's Hospital Oakland are poised to walk off the job for five days starting May 5 if progress isn't made at contract talks this week.
The California Nurses Association held a three-day strike last October when talks with management stalled over the cost of healthcare benefits.
Hospital managers would likely hire temporary nurses If the nurses do plan to strike.
Elective surgeries had to be canceled during October's walkout.
oakland, strike, east bay news
- Obama: 'Lives have been saved' by NSA programs 14 min ago
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- SF approves new regulations for food trucks
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday