East Bay News
San Ramon cop questioned in corruption investigation
SAN RAMON, Calif. (KGO) -- Federal investigators have now questioned a San Ramon police officer caught in a Contra Costa corruption investigation.
According to the Contra Costa Times, federal agents spoke with 38-year-old Louis Lombardi over the weekend. He was arrested two weeks ago on charges he sold drugs to informants and took cash and guns from police seizures. Lombardi was a member of the county narcotics enforcement team headed by Norman Wielsch.
Wielsch and private investigator Chris Butler also face numerous charges as part of a larger probe involving conspiracy to sell drugs they confiscated during raids.
pleasant hill, contra costa county, lawsuit, drugs, crime, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school 50 min ago
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained 44 min ago
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
22 min ago
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos