East Bay News
Oakland Police Department recalls new guns
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police officers have had to start carrying older pistols they recently gave up because of a defect that's been discovered in their new guns.
Oakland officers carry 40-caliber semi-automatic handguns made by Glock. A mechanical defect turned up in the Glock's newest model during training exercises. Police insist that defect never posed a danger to officers on the street or to the public.
The Oakland Police Department wants Glock to ensure the weapons' reliability before returning them to the officers.
oakland, OPD, guns, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire 26 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco 39 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products 45 min ago
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car 24 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos