East Bay News
Oakland Police Department recalls new guns
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police officers have had to start carrying older pistols they recently gave up because of a defect that's been discovered in their new guns.
Oakland officers carry 40-caliber semi-automatic handguns made by Glock. A mechanical defect turned up in the Glock's newest model during training exercises. Police insist that defect never posed a danger to officers on the street or to the public.
The Oakland Police Department wants Glock to ensure the weapons' reliability before returning them to the officers.
oakland, OPD, guns, east bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos