East Bay News
Police searching for missing nursing student
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- The search continues for a nursing student who has been missing since she left Kaiser Permanente Medical Center Friday night.
26-year-old Michele Le disappeared shortly after 7 p.m. when she took a break from her hospital rounds. Friends and witnesses told police she took her car keys and cell phone with her.
Police found her car on Ponderosa Court the next day with valuables still locked inside.
Investigators traced her cell phone based on tower locations and found it had been in Oakland, Union City and Fremont. Police were unable to get more information.
"The reality is, it's a pretty large area," said Lt. Roger Keener with the Hayward Police Department. "We've had the helicopter fly over the area...we haven't found anything at all that leads us (in) one direction or another, that tells us this is a foul play incident or anything."
Police say Le's cell phone can no longer be tracked -- either the battery is dead, the cell phone is turned off or it is out of range.
As of Saturday night, police were still unsure as to whether a crime had occurred or not. Investigators continue to question her colleagues at Kaiser and her college classmates.
hayward, missing person, search and rescue, east bay news, lilian kim
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 6 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 6 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus 3 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche 25 min ago
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive 7 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed