East Bay News
Man killed in shooting at middle school in Oakley
OAKLEY, Calif. -- A 21-year-old Oakley man was killed this morning in a shooting at a middle school, Oakley police said.
The man was shot at about 4 a.m. at O'Hara Park Middle School, located at 1100 O'Hara Ave., and pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
His identity had not been released today.
The Oakley Police Department and Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office are investigating the killing.
The crime scene had been processed this morning and investigators were conducting interviews, police said.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Oakley police dispatch at (925) 646-2441.
crime, shooting, oakley, east bay news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River 38 min ago
- 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California 28 min ago
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San...
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Hundreds of officers attend little girl's graduation
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos