East Bay News
Man killed in shooting at middle school in Oakley
OAKLEY, Calif. -- A 21-year-old Oakley man was killed this morning in a shooting at a middle school, Oakley police said.
The man was shot at about 4 a.m. at O'Hara Park Middle School, located at 1100 O'Hara Ave., and pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
His identity had not been released today.
The Oakley Police Department and Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office are investigating the killing.
The crime scene had been processed this morning and investigators were conducting interviews, police said.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Oakley police dispatch at (925) 646-2441.
crime, shooting, oakley, east bay news
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn 6 min ago
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Judge to determine if Oikos shooter fit to stand trial
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- NTSB to highlight 'over-reliance' during Asiana hearings
- Little girl writes letter to store after breaking ornament
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos