East Bay News
625 pound burger to be grilled at Alameda Co. Fair
ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Chefs at the Alameda County Fair will attempt to grill a 625 pound hamburger on July 2. They'll cook up the gigantic ground beef patty on the world's largest barbeque.
It will contain a whopping 1,375,000 calories and will be served up in 99 cent bites. Proceeds will benefit the Alameda Food Bank. Officials from the Guinness Book of World Records will be there to verify what should be a new record.
alameda county, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire