East Bay News
625 pound burger to be grilled at Alameda Co. Fair
ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Chefs at the Alameda County Fair will attempt to grill a 625 pound hamburger on July 2. They'll cook up the gigantic ground beef patty on the world's largest barbeque.
It will contain a whopping 1,375,000 calories and will be served up in 99 cent bites. Proceeds will benefit the Alameda Food Bank. Officials from the Guinness Book of World Records will be there to verify what should be a new record.
alameda county, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal 16 min ago
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos