East Bay News
625 pound burger to be grilled at Alameda Co. Fair
ALAMEDA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Chefs at the Alameda County Fair will attempt to grill a 625 pound hamburger on July 2. They'll cook up the gigantic ground beef patty on the world's largest barbeque.
It will contain a whopping 1,375,000 calories and will be served up in 99 cent bites. Proceeds will benefit the Alameda Food Bank. Officials from the Guinness Book of World Records will be there to verify what should be a new record.
alameda county, east bay news
- Boy's body found at the bottom of a canal in Antioch 59 min ago
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event 29 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF 35 min ago
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued 11 min ago
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- Missing elderly Palo Alto woman with Alzheimer's found 41 min ago
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 5 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
2 min ago
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial...
29 min ago
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T...
35 min ago