East Bay News
Two workers injured alongside Hwy 4 in Antioch
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- Two construction workers were injured alongside westbound state Highway 4 in Antioch this morning, a California Highway Patrol spokesman said.
The accident happened at about 7:30 a.m. on westbound Highway 4 near Somersville Road and involved either rebar or a retaining wall, CHP Officer Tom Maguire said.
Caltrans is managing a highway widening project in the area, Maguire said.
The workers suffered minor injuries and were transported to John Muir Medical Center, Maguire said.
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health responded to the scene and is handling the investigation into the accident, he said.
Maguire said the accident was not impacting traffic in the area as of shortly before 8:30 a.m.
antioch, highway 4, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control 34 min ago
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 49 min ago
- Pope Francis visits Rome children's hospital
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday