East Bay News
Two workers injured alongside Hwy 4 in Antioch
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- Two construction workers were injured alongside westbound state Highway 4 in Antioch this morning, a California Highway Patrol spokesman said.
The accident happened at about 7:30 a.m. on westbound Highway 4 near Somersville Road and involved either rebar or a retaining wall, CHP Officer Tom Maguire said.
Caltrans is managing a highway widening project in the area, Maguire said.
The workers suffered minor injuries and were transported to John Muir Medical Center, Maguire said.
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health responded to the scene and is handling the investigation into the accident, he said.
Maguire said the accident was not impacting traffic in the area as of shortly before 8:30 a.m.
antioch, highway 4, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday