East Bay News
Oakley man turns himself in
OAKLEY, Calif. -- An Oakley man turned himself in to Antioch police after he was identified as a suspect in a Saturday afternoon shooting, police said.
Joseph Sakamoto, 21, allegedly shot at a 22-year-old man from Lindsay at an apartment complex, located at 600 Wilbur Ave., around 3:40 p.m., police said.
Police were headed to the complex after receiving reports of gunfire when the victim called 911 and named Sakamoto as the assailant, who reportedly fled the scene in a vehicle, according to police.
The victim suffered minor injuries to his head, but was not wounded by any bullets. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Sakamoto later called Antioch police and arranged to turn himself in shortly after, police said. He was taken into custody without incident and booked into Contra Costa County Jail. Police also recovered the suspect vehicle and firearm.
The motive for the shooting is still under investigation, but there are no outstanding suspects in the case, according to police.
shooting, crime, oakley, alameda, east bay news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos