East Bay News
Oakley man turns himself in
OAKLEY, Calif. -- An Oakley man turned himself in to Antioch police after he was identified as a suspect in a Saturday afternoon shooting, police said.
Joseph Sakamoto, 21, allegedly shot at a 22-year-old man from Lindsay at an apartment complex, located at 600 Wilbur Ave., around 3:40 p.m., police said.
Police were headed to the complex after receiving reports of gunfire when the victim called 911 and named Sakamoto as the assailant, who reportedly fled the scene in a vehicle, according to police.
The victim suffered minor injuries to his head, but was not wounded by any bullets. He was taken to a hospital for treatment.
Sakamoto later called Antioch police and arranged to turn himself in shortly after, police said. He was taken into custody without incident and booked into Contra Costa County Jail. Police also recovered the suspect vehicle and firearm.
The motive for the shooting is still under investigation, but there are no outstanding suspects in the case, according to police.
shooting, crime, oakley, alameda, east bay news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 9 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros 57 min ago
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
9 min ago