East Bay News
Richmond officer crashes while transporting suspect
HERCULES, Calif. -- A Richmond police officer transporting a suspect to the county jail this morning lost control and crashed on state Highway 4 in Hercules, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The crash happened at about 10:50 a.m. on eastbound Highway 4 just east of Interstate Highway 80, near Willow Avenue.
CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said it appears the man being transported became combative inside the car, which may have contributed the crash.
He did not have details on the crash but said a Honda Accord was also involved.
Two people were sent to hospitals, including one who was taken to John Muir Medical Center with minor injuries.
The crash initially blocked lanes, but the roadway was cleared just before noon.
richmond, hercules, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos