East Bay News
Richmond officer crashes while transporting suspect
HERCULES, Calif. -- A Richmond police officer transporting a suspect to the county jail this morning lost control and crashed on state Highway 4 in Hercules, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The crash happened at about 10:50 a.m. on eastbound Highway 4 just east of Interstate Highway 80, near Willow Avenue.
CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said it appears the man being transported became combative inside the car, which may have contributed the crash.
He did not have details on the crash but said a Honda Accord was also involved.
Two people were sent to hospitals, including one who was taken to John Muir Medical Center with minor injuries.
The crash initially blocked lanes, but the roadway was cleared just before noon.
richmond, hercules, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos