East Bay News
Richmond officer crashes while transporting suspect
HERCULES, Calif. -- A Richmond police officer transporting a suspect to the county jail this morning lost control and crashed on state Highway 4 in Hercules, a California Highway Patrol officer said.
The crash happened at about 10:50 a.m. on eastbound Highway 4 just east of Interstate Highway 80, near Willow Avenue.
CHP Officer Kevin Bartlett said it appears the man being transported became combative inside the car, which may have contributed the crash.
He did not have details on the crash but said a Honda Accord was also involved.
Two people were sent to hospitals, including one who was taken to John Muir Medical Center with minor injuries.
The crash initially blocked lanes, but the roadway was cleared just before noon.
richmond, hercules, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii 53 min ago
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley 58 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Homicide suspected after body found in San Jose
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- 7OYS explains how to get free car inspections
- Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Suspected San Jose homicide; Warriors Arena
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos