East Bay News
Water restored after main break in Lafayette
LAFAYETTE, Calif. (KGO) -- The water is back on for about 100 homes and businesses in downtown Lafayette after a water main break late last night left them dry all morning long.
The break occurred at the intersection of Mount Diablo Boulevard and Village Center.
The water flooded one home's garage. East Bay MUD officials shut down the main and have been on the scene all morning making repairs. While the water is back on to all affected customers, officials say a new permanent water line will likely not be in place until late tonight.
lafayette, water main break, east bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges 26 min ago
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday