East Bay News
San Leandro cop turns in his badge after marijuana incident
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Leandro cop accused of giving more than a pound of marijuana to a confidential informant, who was also his mistress, has turned in his badge.
Jason Fredriksson, 38, had entered a plea of not guilty to charges of transporting and furnishing marijuana for sale. He remains free on bail.
Fredriksson served on the San Leandro force for nine years, most recently as a narcotics squad detective, and a member of the SWAT team.
san leandro, marijuana, east bay news
- Obama's Berlin speech: History raises the stakes 41 min ago
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms 42 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park 52 min ago
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- SF approves new regulations for food trucks
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday