East Bay News
Last trial for hikers in Iran to begin this weekend
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- The families of two former University of California at Berkeley students, imprisoned in Iran for nearly two years, say they are hoping a court hearing this weekend will finally end their ordeal.
Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal are due in court on Sunday for what Iranian authorities say will be the last hearing in their espionage case.
Bauer's fiance, Sarah Shourd, was also arrested but was released last year on humanitarian grounds.
The hearing comes two years to the day they were arrested while hiking along the Iraq-Iran border.
The trial was canceled at the last minute in May without any explanation.
uc berkeley, berkeley, iran, east bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Daly City man arrested for biting, punching parents 45 min ago
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday