East Bay News
Adonal Foyle teaches kids life lessons
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Kids from East Oakland are getting some lessons about life this summer from a former Golden State Warriors player.
"You can't do anything in life if you can't listen. You have to listen," said former Warrior Adonal Foyle to the kids.
Foyle is running more than just a basketball camp at the East Oakland Youth Development Center. Girls compete head on against boys and no one has an easy ride. Foyle say the goal is not to create the next basketball star, but to build strong minded, respectful young people.
"They are the future leaders that we're going to count on and they have to learn character. So I push them, they do pushups for anything I don't like. So they get stronger hopefully at the end of the three days," said Foyle.
The camp teaches the kids about finances, like how to balance a checkbook and cooking and nutrition lessons.
oakland, golden state warriors, east bay news
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion 5 min ago
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Windy conditions cause damage around Bay Area
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 42 min ago
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
26 min ago