East Bay News
Vietnam War memorial replica on display in Fremont
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- U.S troops killed in the Vietnam War are being honored in Fremont. A traveling replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is now on display at DeVry University.
The scaled-down version of the wall was created by a Florida couple in 1993 so veterans and their relatives who couldn't travel to Washington DC could experience it.
The wall contains the names of the more than 58,000 U.S. men and women killed during the war.
It will be on display through Friday at the DeVry campus on Dumbarton Circle in Fremont.
war, military, fremont, east bay news
- Several aftershocks felt after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Bay Area man arrested in Czech murders case
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Man exposes himself outside of hospital in SF
- Magnitude 8.2 earthquake hits Russia's Far East
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF 47 min ago
- LA Kings beat SJ Sharks in Game 5
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday