East Bay News
Vietnam War memorial replica on display in Fremont
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- U.S troops killed in the Vietnam War are being honored in Fremont. A traveling replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is now on display at DeVry University.
The scaled-down version of the wall was created by a Florida couple in 1993 so veterans and their relatives who couldn't travel to Washington DC could experience it.
The wall contains the names of the more than 58,000 U.S. men and women killed during the war.
It will be on display through Friday at the DeVry campus on Dumbarton Circle in Fremont.
war, military, fremont, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos