East Bay News
Vietnam War memorial replica on display in Fremont
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- U.S troops killed in the Vietnam War are being honored in Fremont. A traveling replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is now on display at DeVry University.
The scaled-down version of the wall was created by a Florida couple in 1993 so veterans and their relatives who couldn't travel to Washington DC could experience it.
The wall contains the names of the more than 58,000 U.S. men and women killed during the war.
It will be on display through Friday at the DeVry campus on Dumbarton Circle in Fremont.
war, military, fremont, east bay news
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela 46 min ago
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- National memorial to be held for Nelson...
46 min ago