East Bay News
3.6 Earthquake hits San Leandro Tuesday night
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- A preliminary magnitude of a 3.6 earthquake hit in San Leandro at 11:36 p.m. on the Hayward fault.
After that initial earthquake, a 2.3 aftershock hit in the same place at 11:41 p.m. Another aftershock later struck at 1:32 a.m. -- it was a 1.5 magnitude.
There are no reports of any damage at this time.
This earthquake follows the surprising 5.8 quake that hit the East Coast on Tuesday. That one centered 40 miles northwest of Richmond, Va.
earthquake, san leandro, hayward fault, east bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 42 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes 32 min ago
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter 26 min ago
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday