East Bay News
3.6 Earthquake hits San Leandro Tuesday night
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- A preliminary magnitude of a 3.6 earthquake hit in San Leandro at 11:36 p.m. on the Hayward fault.
After that initial earthquake, a 2.3 aftershock hit in the same place at 11:41 p.m. Another aftershock later struck at 1:32 a.m. -- it was a 1.5 magnitude.
There are no reports of any damage at this time.
This earthquake follows the surprising 5.8 quake that hit the East Coast on Tuesday. That one centered 40 miles northwest of Richmond, Va.
earthquake, san leandro, hayward fault, east bay news
- SF firefighters continue to monitor 5-alarm fire 42 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos