East Bay News
3.6 Earthquake hits San Leandro Tuesday night
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- A preliminary magnitude of a 3.6 earthquake hit in San Leandro at 11:36 p.m. on the Hayward fault.
After that initial earthquake, a 2.3 aftershock hit in the same place at 11:41 p.m. Another aftershock later struck at 1:32 a.m. -- it was a 1.5 magnitude.
There are no reports of any damage at this time.
This earthquake follows the surprising 5.8 quake that hit the East Coast on Tuesday. That one centered 40 miles northwest of Richmond, Va.
earthquake, san leandro, hayward fault, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos