East Bay News
Concord police seek carjacking suspect
CONCORD, Calif. -- The suspect in a wild vehicle pursuit and carjacking that took place this afternoon in Concord has been identified as Dustin Edward Cooper, a parolee who is considered armed and dangerous.
Concord police said they were notified around noon today that a vehicle being pursued by the California Highway Patrol was entering the city. Police did not join the pursuit at that time, and the chase ended when the suspect abandoned his vehicle on southbound state Highway 242 just north of Willow Pass Road and fled on foot.
A short time later, however, a carjacking was reported on the 1500 block of Pine Street. Police suspected the suspect in the carjacking to be the same as in the pursuit, given the location, timing and matching descriptions.
The carjacked vehicle was driven erratically through Concord, causing multiple reports of reckless driving and hit and run accidents. It was ultimately found unoccupied on the 4800 block of Myrtle Drive. The suspect remains at large.
Anyone with information on this incident or the suspect is asked to contact Concord police at (925) 671-3030 or the confidential "tip line" at (925)603-5836.
crime, carjacking, concord, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday