East Bay News
Concord police seek carjacking suspect
CONCORD, Calif. -- The suspect in a wild vehicle pursuit and carjacking that took place this afternoon in Concord has been identified as Dustin Edward Cooper, a parolee who is considered armed and dangerous.
Concord police said they were notified around noon today that a vehicle being pursued by the California Highway Patrol was entering the city. Police did not join the pursuit at that time, and the chase ended when the suspect abandoned his vehicle on southbound state Highway 242 just north of Willow Pass Road and fled on foot.
A short time later, however, a carjacking was reported on the 1500 block of Pine Street. Police suspected the suspect in the carjacking to be the same as in the pursuit, given the location, timing and matching descriptions.
The carjacked vehicle was driven erratically through Concord, causing multiple reports of reckless driving and hit and run accidents. It was ultimately found unoccupied on the 4800 block of Myrtle Drive. The suspect remains at large.
Anyone with information on this incident or the suspect is asked to contact Concord police at (925) 671-3030 or the confidential "tip line" at (925)603-5836.
crime, carjacking, concord, east bay news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California 2 min ago
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident 37 min ago
- EU mulling next steps against Russia over Ukraine
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos