East Bay News
Delay in proceedings of Michelle Le murder suspect
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- There was a new delay this morning in the legal proceedings against the woman accused of murdering Michelle Le. Giselle Esteban was in court last week, but she waived her right to appear today.
A man who may have been in a love triangle with Esteban and Le was at the court. The man didn't say anything about the case publically. Esteban is the mother of his child and she blames Le for her breakup with him. Police have not said what they think is the motive for Le's murder.
Le's body has not been found, but police believe they have enough evidence to prove Esteban killed Le. Le's brother and cousin and a few friends were in court today and they say they are still hoping to find Le.
"The district attorney's office has recommended to us to not speak with or talk about the case publically or in the media and so we are just focused on finding Michelle and we will continue with our search efforts," said Le's brother, Michael Le.
The eighth search for Michelle Le will take place this weekend. They are hoping for about 100 volunteers. Past searches have been in rural areas in the East Bay.
Esteban has a court proceeding scheduled for next week. She will likely be appointed a public defender then and she may be scheduled to enter a plea.
hayward, missing person, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Elevator company cited in death at Levi's Stadium
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Bank robbery suspect shot near mall in San Rafael
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco 24 min ago
- MLB intends to ban plate collisions 45 min ago
- Spotify launches free mobile streaming service 59 min ago
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child 34 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world 21 min ago
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday