East Bay News
Suspects plead not guilty in Oakland toddler shooting
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Two men pleaded not guilty to murder charges Monday in the death of a 3-year-old boy in a drive-by shooting on the streets of East Oakland.
Alameda County prosecutors believe Lawrence Denard and Willie Torrence shot 3-year-old Carlos Nava when they fired at rival gang members on August 8. The shooting wounded two other people along International Boulevard.
Witnesses say Nava was riding in a toy car while on a shopping trip with his mother when he was shot.
crime, shooting, gang violence, oakland, child death, children, east bay news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 13 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins 29 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2 23 min ago
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win 17 min ago
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos