East Bay News
Motorcyclist arrested after brief chase
MARTINEZ, Calif. -- Police arrested a man riding a stolen motorcycle after a brief chase in Martinez Friday afternoon, police said.
An officer attempted to stop the motorcyclist on Pine Street at Vista Way shortly after noon today for a vehicle code violation, police said.
The driver, however, did not stop and the officer chased him for about two blocks until he crashed at Pine Street and Sentinel Drive, police said.
The motorcyclist then attempted to run away but was arrested after a brief foot chase.
He was identified as Dustin Edward Cooper, 31, and had an outstanding no bail arrest warrant from the state's Department of Corrections.
The motorcycle Cooper was riding had been reported stolen out of Concord, police said.
police chase, crime, martinez, east bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos