East Bay News
Motorcyclist arrested after brief chase
MARTINEZ, Calif. -- Police arrested a man riding a stolen motorcycle after a brief chase in Martinez Friday afternoon, police said.
An officer attempted to stop the motorcyclist on Pine Street at Vista Way shortly after noon today for a vehicle code violation, police said.
The driver, however, did not stop and the officer chased him for about two blocks until he crashed at Pine Street and Sentinel Drive, police said.
The motorcyclist then attempted to run away but was arrested after a brief foot chase.
He was identified as Dustin Edward Cooper, 31, and had an outstanding no bail arrest warrant from the state's Department of Corrections.
The motorcycle Cooper was riding had been reported stolen out of Concord, police said.
police chase, crime, martinez, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 31 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
32 min ago