East Bay News
Lake Chabot Regional Park fire contained
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- Lake Chabot Regional Park remains closed as firefighters work to extinguish a fire that broke out Monday afternoon.
The fire broke out just north of the campgrounds near Castro Valley. No structures were burned or threatened. A few campers were evacuated as a precaution.
Crews from Cal Fire, the Oakland Fire Department and the Alameda County Fire Department all responded to the scene.
The fire was 100 percent contained by 6:15 p.m. but Cal Fire Batt. Chief Jim Crawford expects it won't be completely out until sometime Tuesday.
hayward, fire, wildfire, castro valley, east bay news
- Supreme Court could issue Prop 8, DOMA rulings
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Coast Guard rescues 4 people along San Mateo coast
- More victims in SF say teen girls robbed them
- IT tech charged with stealing $400,000 in equipment
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: "Landlords from hell"; Brothel ring 39 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday