East Bay News
Lake Chabot Regional Park fire contained
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- Lake Chabot Regional Park remains closed as firefighters work to extinguish a fire that broke out Monday afternoon.
The fire broke out just north of the campgrounds near Castro Valley. No structures were burned or threatened. A few campers were evacuated as a precaution.
Crews from Cal Fire, the Oakland Fire Department and the Alameda County Fire Department all responded to the scene.
The fire was 100 percent contained by 6:15 p.m. but Cal Fire Batt. Chief Jim Crawford expects it won't be completely out until sometime Tuesday.
hayward, fire, wildfire, castro valley, east bay news
- Police make arrest in Daly City shooting
- Relative talks about stowaway teen's struggles
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Oakland A's reject 10-year Coliseum lease offer
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- Prosecutors lay out evidence against Supervisor Carrillo
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- Tentative deal reached in TSA breast-milk lawsuit
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan