East Bay News
Lake Chabot Regional Park fire contained
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- Lake Chabot Regional Park remains closed as firefighters work to extinguish a fire that broke out Monday afternoon.
The fire broke out just north of the campgrounds near Castro Valley. No structures were burned or threatened. A few campers were evacuated as a precaution.
Crews from Cal Fire, the Oakland Fire Department and the Alameda County Fire Department all responded to the scene.
The fire was 100 percent contained by 6:15 p.m. but Cal Fire Batt. Chief Jim Crawford expects it won't be completely out until sometime Tuesday.
hayward, fire, wildfire, castro valley, east bay news
- Stolen European passports on missing plane 21 min ago
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire