East Bay News
Lake Chabot Regional Park fire contained
HAYWARD, Calif. (KGO) -- Lake Chabot Regional Park remains closed as firefighters work to extinguish a fire that broke out Monday afternoon.
The fire broke out just north of the campgrounds near Castro Valley. No structures were burned or threatened. A few campers were evacuated as a precaution.
Crews from Cal Fire, the Oakland Fire Department and the Alameda County Fire Department all responded to the scene.
The fire was 100 percent contained by 6:15 p.m. but Cal Fire Batt. Chief Jim Crawford expects it won't be completely out until sometime Tuesday.
hayward, fire, wildfire, castro valley, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos