East Bay News
I-880 reopens in Oakland after CHP calls off search
OAKLAND, Calif. -- California Highway Patrol officers reopened Interstate Highway 880 just before 6 a.m. today after both lanes were closed near the Oakland Coliseum while officers searched for a suspect in a stolen vehicle, CHP officers said.
The suspect was driving a stolen van on the highway, and crashed the van after a brief chase with officers. The suspect ran from the crashed van, and CHP officers shut down both directions of I-880 near the intersection with 66th Avenue at around 3:50 a.m. to search for the suspect.
After searching for the suspect for nearly two hours, officers reopened the highway, but did not make any arrests.
oakland, oakland coliseum, OPD, I-880, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- Man arrested after standoff in San Francisco
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Consumer Reports tests gray hair touch up products
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Boy struck by car
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos