East Bay News
Dan Ashley hosts 'Friends of Camp Concord' event
ALAMO, Calif. (KGO) -- Hundreds of deserving Bay Area young people will get the chance to go to summer camp thanks to an annual golf charity event. ABC7's Dan Ashley is the host and founder of Friends Of Camp Concord.
On Monday, there were 160 golfers, plus volunteers and other guests, came out to the Round Hill Country Club in Alamo to help raise money for the cause.
"You know, every child should have the chance at least once in their life to go to summer camp. What we do here at Friends Of Camp Concord is make sure that kids who might not have that opportunity, or be able to afford it, are able to go up to South Lake Tahoe and have a week-long summer camp experience that really can change their lives," said Ashley.
In the 16 years that Dan's been doing this, roughly 7,000 kids have been sent to South Lake Tahoe for camp.
If you'd like to donate to the charity, you can go to their website. http://www.friendsofcamp.com/
concord, fundraiser, east bay news, dan ashley
- Collapse feared at site of massive Mission Bay fire
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Parents warned about new psychedelic drug
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Santa Cruz police arrest suspect in sexual assault
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- Strong winds destroy boats at Oyster Point
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos