East Bay News
Dan Ashley hosts 'Friends of Camp Concord' event
ALAMO, Calif. (KGO) -- Hundreds of deserving Bay Area young people will get the chance to go to summer camp thanks to an annual golf charity event. ABC7's Dan Ashley is the host and founder of Friends Of Camp Concord.
On Monday, there were 160 golfers, plus volunteers and other guests, came out to the Round Hill Country Club in Alamo to help raise money for the cause.
"You know, every child should have the chance at least once in their life to go to summer camp. What we do here at Friends Of Camp Concord is make sure that kids who might not have that opportunity, or be able to afford it, are able to go up to South Lake Tahoe and have a week-long summer camp experience that really can change their lives," said Ashley.
In the 16 years that Dan's been doing this, roughly 7,000 kids have been sent to South Lake Tahoe for camp.
If you'd like to donate to the charity, you can go to their website. http://www.friendsofcamp.com/
concord, fundraiser, east bay news, dan ashley
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz 46 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 58 min ago
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke 34 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday