East Bay News
Tent city grows outside Oakland City Hall
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Dozens are camped out this morning for the Occupy Oakland protest that started yesterday.
They are living in a tent city on Frank Ogawa Plaza outside Oakland City Hall. Hundreds of people showed up yesterday for a rally calling for economic change. It's one of dozens of grass roots protests around the country that mirror the Occupy Wall Street protest.
Demonstrators blame corporate greed for the nation's economic problems.
oakland, protest, wall street, occupy wall street, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos