East Bay News
Tent city grows outside Oakland City Hall
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Dozens are camped out this morning for the Occupy Oakland protest that started yesterday.
They are living in a tent city on Frank Ogawa Plaza outside Oakland City Hall. Hundreds of people showed up yesterday for a rally calling for economic change. It's one of dozens of grass roots protests around the country that mirror the Occupy Wall Street protest.
Demonstrators blame corporate greed for the nation's economic problems.
oakland, protest, wall street, occupy wall street, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed