East Bay News
Tent city grows outside Oakland City Hall
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Dozens are camped out this morning for the Occupy Oakland protest that started yesterday.
They are living in a tent city on Frank Ogawa Plaza outside Oakland City Hall. Hundreds of people showed up yesterday for a rally calling for economic change. It's one of dozens of grass roots protests around the country that mirror the Occupy Wall Street protest.
Demonstrators blame corporate greed for the nation's economic problems.
oakland, protest, wall street, occupy wall street, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos