East Bay News
4 armed, masked suspects rob 7-Eleven
PLEASANT HILL, Calif. -- A band of armed, masked suspects robbed a Pleasant Hill 7-Eleven store on Sunday in an incident similar to three other recent convenience store robberies in the area.
Police responded to a report of a robbery at the store on Golf Club Road at around 4:20 a.m. Sunday.
Four masked suspects -- two carrying guns -- entered the store, went behind the counter and confronted the cashier, police said.
Police said the clerk, fearing for his safety, gave the suspects cash from the register and they fled on foot through the store parking lot.
The robbery mirrors three earlier robberies reported over the past month involving armed, masked suspects at late-night convenience stores in Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek and Antioch.
Anyone with information about Sunday's armed robbery is asked to contact the Pleasant Hill Police Department's investigations unit at (925) 288-4630.
pleasant hill, crime, east bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 2 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos