East Bay News
Judge dismisses rape charges against attorney
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A judge has dismissed rape charges against a sex crimes prosecutor in Contra Costa County. Attorney Michael Gressett was charged with raping an office colleague three years ago.
Attorney Michael Gressett was charged with raping an office colleague three years ago. Gressett's lawyers argued that the sex was consensual and the charges politically motivated.
On Wednesday, the judge said while there was evidence to charge Gressett. State prosecutors introduced inadmissible evidence.
Back in February an arbitrator ordered the county to reinstate Gressett as a prosecutor ruling that the district attorney's office had no cause to fire him.
east bay news
- Mudslide causes trees on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 52 min ago
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
32 min ago