East Bay News
War vet Scott Olsen posts online statement
SAN MATEO, Calif. (KGO) -- War veteran Scott Olsen, who was injured by a flying projectile during an 'Occupy Oakland' protest in late October, is writing publicly for the first time since the incident.
Writing on a Google Plus profile, Olsen said he's "feeling a lot better, with a long road in front of me."
"After my freedom of speech was quite literally taken from me, my speech is coming back but I've got a lot of work to do with rehab," Olsen wrote. "You'll be hearing more from me in the near future."
Olsen geographically tagged his location "San Mateo." According to several reports, Olsen had been discharged from an unknown hospital within the past week.
The first public image of Olsen accompanied his post on Google Plus. In it, Olsen's neck could be seen in a brace and a faint bruise was visible above his left eyebrow.
Olsen had received treatment earlier from an injury sustained at the Oct. 25 'Occupy Oakland' protest at Highland Hospital, but a hospital spokesperson said he had been moved to another location at the request of his insurance provider.
The spokesperson also said documentary filmmaker Michael Moore had tried to visit Olsen against the wishes of the hospital and Olsen's family.
oakland, marines, military, occupy wall street, protest, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen 28 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash 51 min ago
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday 4 min ago
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos