East Bay News
Pinole house fire displaces 4 adults, 1 child
PINOLE, Calif. -- A house fire in Pinole on Tuesday evening displaced four adults and a child, fire officials said.
Firefighters from the Pinole Fire Department and the Rodeo-Hercules and Contra Costa County fire protection districts responded to a house fire at 1083 Alberdan Circle at 6:49 p.m.
The fire, which appears to have started in the kitchen of the two-story home, had crept through the ceiling and onto the roof as firefighters arrived, fire officials said.
The blaze was extinguished after a large portion of the ceiling was removed, and most of the house was saved, officials said.
The residents were able to exit the home before fire crews arrived. The five occupants were displaced and will be staying with family members.
No one was injured in the fire, which caused about $10,000 in damage, fire officials estimated.
pinole, fire, east bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting 50 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday 24 min ago
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
22 min ago