East Bay News
Pinole house fire displaces 4 adults, 1 child
PINOLE, Calif. -- A house fire in Pinole on Tuesday evening displaced four adults and a child, fire officials said.
Firefighters from the Pinole Fire Department and the Rodeo-Hercules and Contra Costa County fire protection districts responded to a house fire at 1083 Alberdan Circle at 6:49 p.m.
The fire, which appears to have started in the kitchen of the two-story home, had crept through the ceiling and onto the roof as firefighters arrived, fire officials said.
The blaze was extinguished after a large portion of the ceiling was removed, and most of the house was saved, officials said.
The residents were able to exit the home before fire crews arrived. The five occupants were displaced and will be staying with family members.
No one was injured in the fire, which caused about $10,000 in damage, fire officials estimated.
pinole, fire, east bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday