East Bay News
Occupy protesters return to UC Berkeley
Thursday, November 17, 2011
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Occupy protesters are meeting to decide whether or not to set up their tents again at Cal.
Over 100 students gathered at Sproul Hall, and with those students came some very interesting visuals including a banner that was held in the air by balloons. The students chanted "Whose space? Our space." Early in the morning, University Police kicked them out of Sproul Hall. Police told the protesters they would be arrested if they did not vacate the area.
Students marched back in to Sproul Plaza around 5 p.m. on Thursday. Students carried tents filled with balloons, causing them to fly in the air -- a work around the university's declaration that tents could not be set up on the grounds of Sproul Plaza. The students gathered around 6 p.m. for their general assembly. The general assembly agenda included whether or not to set up tents again for the evening.
(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
protest, occupy wall street, uc berkeley, occupy cal, berkeley, east bay news, jonathan bloom
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 58 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ 49 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train 25 min ago
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise 11 min ago
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 37 min ago
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Lonely Michigan boy gets surprise party on GMA 18 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
25 min ago