East Bay News
Occupy protesters return to UC Berkeley
Thursday, November 17, 2011
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Occupy protesters are meeting to decide whether or not to set up their tents again at Cal.
Over 100 students gathered at Sproul Hall, and with those students came some very interesting visuals including a banner that was held in the air by balloons. The students chanted "Whose space? Our space." Early in the morning, University Police kicked them out of Sproul Hall. Police told the protesters they would be arrested if they did not vacate the area.
Students marched back in to Sproul Plaza around 5 p.m. on Thursday. Students carried tents filled with balloons, causing them to fly in the air -- a work around the university's declaration that tents could not be set up on the grounds of Sproul Plaza. The students gathered around 6 p.m. for their general assembly. The general assembly agenda included whether or not to set up tents again for the evening.
(Copyright ©2013 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
protest, occupy wall street, uc berkeley, occupy cal, berkeley, east bay news, jonathan bloom
- Freeze warning continues for most of Bay Area
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Owens' Olympic gold medal sells for record $1.4M
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane 9 min ago
- SJ seeks crowdfunding support for gun buyback
- Paul Walker memorial expected to draw thousands
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday 59 min ago
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday