East Bay News
Occupy protesters return to UC Berkeley
Thursday, November 17, 2011
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Occupy protesters are meeting to decide whether or not to set up their tents again at Cal.
Over 100 students gathered at Sproul Hall, and with those students came some very interesting visuals including a banner that was held in the air by balloons. The students chanted "Whose space? Our space." Early in the morning, University Police kicked them out of Sproul Hall. Police told the protesters they would be arrested if they did not vacate the area.
Students marched back in to Sproul Plaza around 5 p.m. on Thursday. Students carried tents filled with balloons, causing them to fly in the air -- a work around the university's declaration that tents could not be set up on the grounds of Sproul Plaza. The students gathered around 6 p.m. for their general assembly. The general assembly agenda included whether or not to set up tents again for the evening.
(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
protest, occupy wall street, uc berkeley, occupy cal, berkeley, east bay news, jonathan bloom
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday