East Bay News
Occupy protesters return to UC Berkeley
Thursday, November 17, 2011
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Occupy protesters are meeting to decide whether or not to set up their tents again at Cal.
Over 100 students gathered at Sproul Hall, and with those students came some very interesting visuals including a banner that was held in the air by balloons. The students chanted "Whose space? Our space." Early in the morning, University Police kicked them out of Sproul Hall. Police told the protesters they would be arrested if they did not vacate the area.
Students marched back in to Sproul Plaza around 5 p.m. on Thursday. Students carried tents filled with balloons, causing them to fly in the air -- a work around the university's declaration that tents could not be set up on the grounds of Sproul Plaza. The students gathered around 6 p.m. for their general assembly. The general assembly agenda included whether or not to set up tents again for the evening.
(Copyright ©2014 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
protest, occupy wall street, uc berkeley, occupy cal, berkeley, east bay news, jonathan bloom
- Manager reveals details of teen's stowaway survival
- Man punches neighbor whose house caught on fire
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- Pedestrian critically injured in accident in SF
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Young Oakland boy shot in the eye with paintball gun
- VIRAL VIDEO OF THE DAY: Record-breaking jump 14 min ago
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- South Korea ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan