East Bay News
Occupy protesters return to UC Berkeley
Thursday, November 17, 2011
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Occupy protesters are meeting to decide whether or not to set up their tents again at Cal.
Over 100 students gathered at Sproul Hall, and with those students came some very interesting visuals including a banner that was held in the air by balloons. The students chanted "Whose space? Our space." Early in the morning, University Police kicked them out of Sproul Hall. Police told the protesters they would be arrested if they did not vacate the area.
Students marched back in to Sproul Plaza around 5 p.m. on Thursday. Students carried tents filled with balloons, causing them to fly in the air -- a work around the university's declaration that tents could not be set up on the grounds of Sproul Plaza. The students gathered around 6 p.m. for their general assembly. The general assembly agenda included whether or not to set up tents again for the evening.
(Copyright ©2013 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
protest, occupy wall street, uc berkeley, occupy cal, berkeley, east bay news, jonathan bloom
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos