East Bay News
Zoo elephants gobble up leftover Halloween pumpkins
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Have you ever wondered what happens to all those leftover Halloween pumpkins? Turns out elephants have quite the sweet tooth!
Pictured above is an African elephant from the Oakland Zoo taking a big chomp out of an enormous orange squash.
The zoo doesn't just use donated pumpkins to feed the animals. Some went to the tiger pen so the big cats could have something to bat around with their big paws.
halloween, food, animal, oakland, east bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Mourners remember girl, 9, killed in Okla. tornado
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SF police launch distracted walking campaign 42 min ago
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains 56 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident 19 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos