East Bay News
Zoo elephants gobble up leftover Halloween pumpkins
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Have you ever wondered what happens to all those leftover Halloween pumpkins? Turns out elephants have quite the sweet tooth!
Pictured above is an African elephant from the Oakland Zoo taking a big chomp out of an enormous orange squash.
The zoo doesn't just use donated pumpkins to feed the animals. Some went to the tiger pen so the big cats could have something to bat around with their big paws.
halloween, food, animal, oakland, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 15 min ago
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
15 min ago