East Bay News
Zoo elephants gobble up leftover Halloween pumpkins
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Have you ever wondered what happens to all those leftover Halloween pumpkins? Turns out elephants have quite the sweet tooth!
Pictured above is an African elephant from the Oakland Zoo taking a big chomp out of an enormous orange squash.
The zoo doesn't just use donated pumpkins to feed the animals. Some went to the tiger pen so the big cats could have something to bat around with their big paws.
halloween, food, animal, oakland, east bay news
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Bay Area bundles up as frigid weather continues
- Marcus Books strikes deal with owners to stay
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: Radiant Orchid 2014 Color of the Year
- roundup: Sports Cap Bandit; SF hit-and-run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday