East Bay News
Youth counselor pleads guilty to child porn
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A Pleasant Hill youth counselor pleaded guilty in federal court in Oakland today to producing child pornography.
Thomas Perez Jewell, 54, admitted to sexually molesting two minors and to producing child pornography of the molestation, according to the U.S. Attorney's office.
Jewell had been employed by Contra Costa County as a youth mental health counselor intern and worked at the Juvenile Hall in Martinez.
He also had a private practice where he worked as a youth counselor.
Jewell was arrested on Friday when law enforcement executed a search warrant at his home on suspicion of possession of child pornography.
He is scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 29 and is facing a sentence of 15 to 30 years in prison.
In accordance with state and federal law, Jewell will be required to register as a sex offender.
pleasant hill, crime, sex offender, east bay news
- Jahi McMath's family to hold rally, march in Oakland 7 min ago
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 14 min ago
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Jahi McMath's mother writes letter about daughter 39 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Neighbors: Nevada gunman had botched vasectomy
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos