East Bay News
Two arrested over bar fights in Walnut Creek
WALNUT CREEK, Calif. -- Two men were arrested in Walnut Creek early this morning after a chaotic night with multiple fights around local bars, police said.
The two arrests were in separate incidents, but were within an hour of one another and only several blocks apart.
As the VICE Lounge at 1251 Arroyo Way was closing for the night, police received multiple calls reporting a fight involving around 30 people outside the club, including reports of a stabbing.
When police arrived shortly before 2 a.m. they found a chaotic scene on Arroyo Way between Broadway and Civic Drive with the streets full of people, including many who were just leaving the closing bar.
Police contacted 21-year-old Steven Enriquez-Wyatt of Bay Point there, and found him with multiple lacerations on his arms. Police said witnesses told them that Enriquez-Wyatt had assaulted a woman during the fight.
Officers said they then spoke to a victim who said she wanted Enriquez-Wyatt arrested for assault. Officers said they determined that he was injured when his arm went through a window during the fight.
Enriquez-Wyatt was transported to a local hospital for treatment before being booked into Contra Costa County Jail for suspicion of battery and fighting in public. He is being held on $3,000 bail.
Police said they also interviewed another victim in a local emergency room with multiple lacerations.
Others fled the scene when the police arrived, and police said many of the people who remained in the area were uncooperative. Around an hour earlier, at 12:43 a.m. Walnut Creek police officers on foot patrol found a man bleeding from the head in front of 1515 Lounge at 1515 N. Main St.
The man told officers that he had been hit in the face with a glass during a fight inside the bar.
The officers found the man the victim described, 26-year-old Arryan Moradkhani of Danville nearby and arrested him on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.
The victim was treated by paramedics for lacerations on his face. Moradkhani was booked into Contra Costa County Jail in Martinez and is being held on $30,000 bail.
walnut creek, crime, east bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 1 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live 45 min ago
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline 53 min ago
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels 56 min ago
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body 40 min ago
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire 48 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Oklahoma tornado survivors counting blessings
52 min ago