East Bay News
Firefighters control kitchen fire in Hayward
HAYWARD, Calif. -- Firefighters have controlled a one-alarm fire that broke out in the kitchen of a Hayward home this morning, a fire captain said.
The fire, which started on the stove of a two-story home at 1182 Denton Ave., was reported at 9:11 a.m., and the fire department's first units were on scene at 9:13 a.m., Capt. Thor Poulsen said.
"By the time the occupant was trying to knock everything out, the fire got into the cabinets," he said.
Firefighters had the blaze under control by 9:28 a.m. The crews then pulled down home's ceiling and cabinets looking for any hidden fire, Poulsen said.
No one was injured.
Four fire engines and one fire truck responded to the blaze.
hayward, fire, east bay news
- SF officials prepare for 102nd Bay to Breakers race
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF 25 min ago
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos