East Bay News
Firefighters control kitchen fire in Hayward
HAYWARD, Calif. -- Firefighters have controlled a one-alarm fire that broke out in the kitchen of a Hayward home this morning, a fire captain said.
The fire, which started on the stove of a two-story home at 1182 Denton Ave., was reported at 9:11 a.m., and the fire department's first units were on scene at 9:13 a.m., Capt. Thor Poulsen said.
"By the time the occupant was trying to knock everything out, the fire got into the cabinets," he said.
Firefighters had the blaze under control by 9:28 a.m. The crews then pulled down home's ceiling and cabinets looking for any hidden fire, Poulsen said.
No one was injured.
Four fire engines and one fire truck responded to the blaze.
hayward, fire, east bay news
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- BART and unions to meet today over contract 5 min ago
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 12 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 52 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos