East Bay News
Grass fire causes concern on windy night
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Strong winds fanned the flames in Contra Costa County Thursday evening. The fire spread fast, but firefighters worked faster.
More than 190 acres were scorched, but firefighters gained the upper hand and by late Thursday evening, the fire was contained.
The wind-driven flames raced across grassland in a rural part of Contra Costa County off Collier Canyon Road beginning around 5:15 p.m. Sixty firefighters from four different agencies responded.
No homes or structures were damaged.
fire, wind, contra costa county, east bay news, lisa amin gulezian
- Four in the South Bay die due to cold weather 7 min ago
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Apple wants Samsung to pay $22M for legal bills
- Security guard captures driver who hit cop
- Judge refuses to block AA, US Airways merger
- Holiday Heroes event to help children in need
- Craigslist ad asks to rent family for Christmas
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auction
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting 27 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos