East Bay News
Grass fire causes concern on windy night
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- Strong winds fanned the flames in Contra Costa County Thursday evening. The fire spread fast, but firefighters worked faster.
More than 190 acres were scorched, but firefighters gained the upper hand and by late Thursday evening, the fire was contained.
The wind-driven flames raced across grassland in a rural part of Contra Costa County off Collier Canyon Road beginning around 5:15 p.m. Sixty firefighters from four different agencies responded.
No homes or structures were damaged.
fire, wind, contra costa county, east bay news, lisa amin gulezian
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 54 min ago
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting 28 min ago
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday