East Bay News
Petition approved for Oakland mayor recall
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Organizers of a campaign to recall Oakland Mayor Jean Quan say they're about to start circulating petitions.
The city clerk approved a final draft of their petition Wednesday. Approval gives them 160 days to gather enough signatures to put the recall before voters next November. They'll need more than 19,000 signatures.
Organizers are angry about how Quan has dealt with Occupy Oakland, among other things.
Quan has said she won't go without a fight.
oakland, jean quan, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos