East Bay News
Petition approved for Oakland mayor recall
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Organizers of a campaign to recall Oakland Mayor Jean Quan say they're about to start circulating petitions.
The city clerk approved a final draft of their petition Wednesday. Approval gives them 160 days to gather enough signatures to put the recall before voters next November. They'll need more than 19,000 signatures.
Organizers are angry about how Quan has dealt with Occupy Oakland, among other things.
Quan has said she won't go without a fight.
oakland, jean quan, east bay news
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- 5th day of searching for SJ CEO turns up empty
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos