East Bay News
Police remove Occupy raft from Lake Merritt
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A raft carrying a tent in Lake Merritt, part of the Aqua-py Lake Merritt protest is no longer afloat.
Activists jeered Oakland police and fire crews as they towed the raft to a dock and removed it around 11:30 p.m. Thursday.
The raft was launched earlier in the week by Occupy protesters.
Last night three demonstrators were cited and released for having a boat on the lake.
Police say the raft is being held as evidence.
oakland, occupy oakland, occupy wall street, protest, lake merritt, east bay news
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants 41 min ago
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos