East Bay News
Moraga house fire causes about $20,000 in damage
MORAGA, Calif. -- A fire at a house in Moraga on Tuesday night caused about $20,000 in damage, fire officials said Wednesday.
The blaze was reported at 11:36 p.m. Tuesday in the chimney of a home in the 1900 block of Joseph Drive, according to the Moraga-Orinda Fire District.
Firefighters arrived to see flames coming from the roof of the home. The fire was extinguished by 12:07 a.m. and was contained to the home's master bedroom, fire officials said.
One person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and is expected to survive.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation, fire officials said.
moraga, fire, east bay news
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 33 min ago
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro 34 min ago
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday