East Bay News
Moraga house fire causes about $20,000 in damage
MORAGA, Calif. -- A fire at a house in Moraga on Tuesday night caused about $20,000 in damage, fire officials said Wednesday.
The blaze was reported at 11:36 p.m. Tuesday in the chimney of a home in the 1900 block of Joseph Drive, according to the Moraga-Orinda Fire District.
Firefighters arrived to see flames coming from the roof of the home. The fire was extinguished by 12:07 a.m. and was contained to the home's master bedroom, fire officials said.
One person was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation and is expected to survive.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation, fire officials said.
moraga, fire, east bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Sex trafficking case investigated in Berkeley
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos