East Bay News
Woman strikes pedestrian while fleeing from police
An $80,000 warrant has been issued for a woman who struck a man with her car in Oakland on Wednesday while fleeing from Fremont police officers who were trying to arrest her on two previous warrants, police said Thursday.
Erica Rojo, 27, was wanted on two felony warrants for the possession and sale of drugs, Fremont police Lt. Kimberly Petersen.
Officers from the Fremont Police Department contacted Rojo at about 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday near 98th and Edes avenues in Oakland, Petersen said.
Rojo was in a car, and when the officers approached her on foot, she allegedly drove onto a sidewalk and struck a man who had just exited a liquor store, throwing him about 50 feet, Petersen said.
The man was taken to a hospital with injuries that were considered serious but not life-threatening. He remains hospitalized Thursday, Fremont police Detective William Veteran said.
Rojo fled and had not been located as of late Wednesday. Her car was recovered in Oakland, Petersen said.
pedestrian struck, police chase, oakland, fremont, crime, east bay news
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident 3 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets 59 min ago
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014 22 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 26 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos