East Bay News
Firefighters contain 30-acre brush fire near Pittsburg
Firefighters have contained a brush fire that burned about 30 acres near Pittsburg Monday, a fire official said.
The fire was reported at about 11:20 a.m. off of Bailey Road in an unincorporated area between Pittsburg and Concord, Contra Costa County Fire Protection District Marshal Lewis Broschard said.
As of 1:30 p.m., the two-alarm blaze had been contained but firefighters were still working to control it.
No homes were threatened and no structures have burned, Broschard said.
The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.
Contra Costa County firefighters are being assisted by Cal Fire and federal firefighters from the Military Ocean Terminal Concord, Broschard said.
concord, contra costa county, pittsburg, fire, east bay news
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Santa Clara student sets record for...
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos