East Bay News
Union City police search for suspect in fatal hit-and-run
UNION CITY, Calif. -- Police in Union City are searching for the driver of a vehicle that fatally struck a man in the city this morning, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a man down on Alvarado Niles Road near Union Square at about 6:10 a.m., according to Union City police.
Arriving officers found a male victim who appeared to have been struck by a vehicle traveling west on Alvarado Niles Road, police said.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver and vehicle involved in the collision had not been identified as of Sunday afternoon.
Anyone who might have informnation regarding the incident is asked to contact Union City police at (510) 471-1365.
union city, pedestrian struck, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police 34 min ago
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes 21 min ago
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Rare tree halts plans for Smart Train in Cotati
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 8 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos