East Bay News
Union City police search for suspect in fatal hit-and-run
UNION CITY, Calif. -- Police in Union City are searching for the driver of a vehicle that fatally struck a man in the city this morning, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a man down on Alvarado Niles Road near Union Square at about 6:10 a.m., according to Union City police.
Arriving officers found a male victim who appeared to have been struck by a vehicle traveling west on Alvarado Niles Road, police said.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver and vehicle involved in the collision had not been identified as of Sunday afternoon.
Anyone who might have informnation regarding the incident is asked to contact Union City police at (510) 471-1365.
union city, pedestrian struck, east bay news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...