East Bay News
Union City police search for suspect in fatal hit-and-run
UNION CITY, Calif. -- Police in Union City are searching for the driver of a vehicle that fatally struck a man in the city this morning, police said.
Officers responded to a report of a man down on Alvarado Niles Road near Union Square at about 6:10 a.m., according to Union City police.
Arriving officers found a male victim who appeared to have been struck by a vehicle traveling west on Alvarado Niles Road, police said.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver and vehicle involved in the collision had not been identified as of Sunday afternoon.
Anyone who might have informnation regarding the incident is asked to contact Union City police at (510) 471-1365.
union city, pedestrian struck, east bay news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Four-alarm warehouse fire in Concord investigated
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Amazon grocery delivery rolls into San Francisco
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans 41 min ago
- Supermodel Gisele's breastfeeding pic stirs debate
- wls: Baby girl found dead in car seat in Chicago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Rollover crash victim; Vallejo homicide
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 51 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
32 min ago