East Bay News
Multiple people shot outside Oakland home
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Multiple people were shot in Oakland Sunday afternoon on the 3300 block of Adeline Street.
Oakland police have been quite busy Sunday afternoon after they had three separate shootings within a very short period of time.
The most serious happened in West Oakland on Adeline Street between 32nd and 34th streets where officers say there was an exchange of gunfire in front of a house. They say three to four men armed with guns, one even armed with a fully automatic, started shooting. Their targets apparently shot back and in the end, three people, including a woman were injured.
A witness told ABC7 he heard so many gunshots that it sounded like whoever had the fully automatic, unloaded the entire clip.
Surprisingly, police say none of the injuries are life threatening. Three people were shot, but there may have been two others who were hurt. Police say two people showed up at Highland Hospital with gunshot wounds, but it's unclear if it's related.
There were concerns about a baby possibly being hit in the gun battle at a house nearby, but police say that baby is OK.
oakland, shooting, east bay news, lilian kim
- Man hit by tour bus on 7th, Mission streets in SF
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- SF burger joint open nearly 50 years about to close
- Sunday marks anniversary of Sierra LaMar's disappearance
- Cause of Mountain View house fire investigated
- High surf advisory issued for Bay Area beaches
- Tax payment scam cost Belmont woman $3,000
- Person stabbed during fight at SF's Dolores Park
- Woman Canadian goalie debuts in men's league
- Campaign to save dog in Arizona mauling case
- Two killed by suspected DUI driver in in Santa Rosa
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos