East Bay News
Plane stolen from East Bay airport crashes
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- Federal authorities are investigating a fatal crash, involving a plane that was stolen from the East Bay.
The plane went down along a canal near Fresno Sunday. It is registered to a Walnut Creek insurance agent who told investigators his plane was stolen on Thursday from Buchanan Field in Concord.
The owner was stunned by what he saw at the crash scene and couldn't figure out why his plane was stolen, over some bigger and faster ones nearby.
The thief, who was killed in the crash, has so far been identified only as a parolee in his 40s or 50s.
walnut creek, concord, plane crash, east bay news
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos