East Bay News
Hayward police investigating mysterious death
HAYWARD, Calif. -- Police are investigating the death of a person whose body was found on the side of a road in Hayward early Sunday morning.
At 12:17 a.m., Hayward police received a call about a man down in the 25000 block of Gading Road. Arriving officers found the person on the roadside, police said.
He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Police said a cause of death could not be immediately determined. Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Hayward Police Department at (510) 293-7000.
hayward, crime, east bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday